A Cell Line Authentication DNA test is a crucial research tool. It has extensive applications in drug discovery, vaccine development, genetics, cell biology, reconstructive drugs, screening & toxicity testing, etc. With DNA testing technology evolving continuously, getting a DNA test for various purposes has become easier than ever, including a Cell Line DNA Test in India.
At DNA Forensics Laboratory Pvt. Ltd., we are providing accurate and dependable Cell Line Authentication DNA tests at competitive prices.
Why do Cell Lines Need to be Authenticated?
Cells are the structural and functional units of life. In biological and genetic studies and various other purposes, using the right cell lines is vital. Unfortunately, the cells are prone to biological and environmental degradation and alterations.
There are three major ways the cell lines of interest undergo such changes, namely-
- Genetic Drifting
- Misidentification– It’s the most common problem in compromising the identity of the cell lines. In this, the cell lines are misidentified at the source. It means that at the collection, a wrong cell line was collected.
- Genetic Drifting– Over time, cell lines may completely lose their identity and may drift (genetically) into a different type of cell, affecting the test/research and the final results.
- Cross-Contamination– While stored or while being used, cell lines may get contaminated with another cell, microbes, environmental pollutants, etc.
If these problems exist, they can cause huge wastage of time and money. To avoid these problems, a Cell Line Authentication DNA Test is done.
Method of a Cell Line Authentication DNA Test
STR profiling is used for authenticating a cell line in India. This test analyses STRs using a standard 8 STR loci (minimum). STRs or Short Tandem Repeats are polymorphic repetitive sequences on the human genome.
The steps involved in a Cell Line DNA Test are as follows:
- Sample collection (the cells from the cell line under investigation)
- DNA extraction from the cells
- Analysis of the DNA’s STR regions having polymorphism (Short Tandem Repeats).
- PCR amplification of the polymorphic sites
- Capillary Electrophoresis of the PCR products
- Profile creation of the repeating regions.
Following is a brief overview of the entire process of authenticating a cell line in India:
- STR genotyping (profiling) of the cell line of interest.
- Comparing the resultant profile with the reference database.
- Finding percent match in the cell lines and using the Match Formulation technique to check for cross-contamination in the cell line.
- Finally, listing the misidentified cell line of interest.
DNA Forensics Laboratory for Cell Line Authentication Test in India
Getting a Cell Line Authentication Test in India can be a crucial decision to make, provided the significance and sensitivity of a project/research. We are a NABL-accredited laboratory providing accredited DNA Testing services at reasonable prices.
We are among the most trusted DNA Testing companies to use standardized techniques for a cell line authentication test. It includes detecting the misidentified, genetically drifted, or cross-contaminated cells that invalidate research results. For the analysis, we use an exclusive model to generate repeated DNA for each human cell line so that each new DNA profile stock is checked against the base profile. Our clients are various esteemed research institutes, pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies.
What Makes Us Best?
We carry out the Cell Line or any other DNA test at our state-of-the-art facility, equipped with the latest machinery and the latest and industry-standard methodologies for authentic and reliable results. Our fastest turnaround time is 10-15 business days. We also offer sample collection at the site/address of our clients. We are the only DNA testing company in India for a Legal DNA test in India for the courts of law.
To learn more or to book a Cell Line Test in India, talk to our customer service representatives on the numbers Call: +91 8010177771 or WhatsApp: + 91 9213177771